Raw Cookie Dough Bites
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Makes: about 15 bites
2 cups blanched almond flour
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ cup coconut oil (solid but soft)
1 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. almond butter
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
mini dark chocolate chips
stevia to taste, if additional sweetener is needed
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine the oil, honey, almond butter, and vanilla in a separate, smaller bowl.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine well. Your own two hands do the best job of getting it all combined. If you find the mixture is too dry and crumbly, add a tablespoon of water at a time until you reach cookie dough consistency.
- Taste, and add stevia if you prefer the dough sweeter.
- Mix in the desired amount of chocolate chips and roll into 1 to 1 ½ inch balls.
Store in the refrigerator. They should keep for several days, although they tend to dry out the longer they are stored.
Notes: The more you work the dough; the more the coconut oil will melt, resulting in the balls getting greasy. Return the dough to the freezer to re-harden if this bothers you. This recipe doubles well. You can even make these in a food processor. Just process the dry ingredients and add the wet ones once you’ve mixed them together.