This recipes was submitted by Theresa DiMartini from All Recipes site. She used plain Fage Greek Yogurt and just used regular feta cheese for this particular recipe. She also recommends adding a dash of crushed red pepper to the marinade to add a real punch to the flavor! Her comments were this was a delicious, and flavorful recipe!
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves- cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- In a large shallow baking dish, mix the yogurt, feta cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Place the chicken in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Thread the chicken, onion wedges, and green bell pepper pieces alternately onto skewers. Discard remaining yogurt mixture.
- Grill skewers on the prepared grill until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.