These are amazing! You will find these portable protein nuggets a staple in your life.
Author: Cavewoman Cafe
- 1 cup of slivered almonds
- 1 cup of pecans
- ½ cup of nut flour,
- (I used Bob’s red mill hazelnut flour, more local ya know)
- ½ cup of unsweetened dried coconut
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of dried fruit, like cranberries
- Preheat the primal cooking fire (oven) to 350 degrees and toast the nuts until golden brown stirring occasionally. Watch them carefully, they’ll go from golden to black fast! Once they are toasted nicely, toss them in the stone grinder, (the food processor or blender) and give them a few pulses till they are a coarse meal and stir into the nut flour in a medium bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, warm up the coconut oil and almond butter for about 20 seconds, in the radiant zapper, (microwave) and stir them together well. (Or use a double boiler to do this) Add the honey, vanilla, and salt then mix till all creamy and you are starting to drool. Fold the nut mix into the honey mix then add the fruit. Pat into an 8 x 8 baking dish and stick in the ice cave (fridge) for 1 hour or more till nice and solid. Cut into squares and try not to grunt when eating. Keep in the ice cave to store.