Check out this very yummy looking Breakfast Casserole Recipe submitted by the one and only Theresa DiMartini! She found this recipe on the Our Life in Food Blog and commented that this was a very easy, fluffy, flavorful and delicious recipe. She liked that it was packed full of good protein!
Her Tip: buy NATURAL Jimmy Dean sausage not “regular.” Regular has high fructose corn syrup and other bad ingredients. Also I used a whole pound of sausage and a whole small onion.
- 3/4 lb pork sausage
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 10 eggs
- Splash milk or cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- About 3/4 cup finely chopped broccoli
- Kosher salt and black pepper
1. Crumble the sausage into a saute pan, and add the onion. Cook until the meat is completely cooked through and the onions are softened and beginning to brown.
2. Crack the 10 eggs into a mixing bowl. Add a splash of milk, and whisk together. Add the sausage mixture, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, broccoli, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix together well.
3. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with butter. Pour in the egg mixture.
3. Cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until the eggs are completely set.